NBW focuses all effort on the CFS market space. Prompt and efficient unloading with cargo confirmation reporting to our client is one of our most important goals. Unlike some of the larger bonded warehouse operations who spread their staff out to other services, NBW puts all attention on the CFS operation.
Some of the support services offered by NBW include:
· Detailed outturn reports after stripping cargo to report any discrepancies
· Cargo skidding and banding for transload
· Sorting and labeling for on forwarding
· Preparation and timely submission of outturn reports
· High security short term storage
· 24-hour CCTV video surveillance
NBW is in close proximity to the Norfolk International Airport and Port of Hampton Roads. Our facility is very convenient to U.S. Customs, local customhouse brokers, truckers, and drayage firms.
NBW provides drop station services for the shipping, forwarding, and NVOCC marketplace. Our customer service and warehouse staff are trained in the in-take process related to ocean cargo. Cargo accountability and a prompt flow of information back to our clients are critical to our success and meeting expectations. NBW provides these services related to export cargo:
· Palletizing loose cargo, banding, weighing, dimming, and labeling
· Loading of FCL containers – 40’ & 20’
· Processing and loading of LCL cargo.
· Setting up flex crews for larger projects
· Following load plans in accordance to client directions
· Coordination of specialized equipment when necessary
A very important part of our service menu includes all manners of transloading. As the balance of containers continue to stress the supply chain and steamship carriers tighten demurrage requirements, the role NBW plays in transloading has become very important.
An important part of import transloading is the coordination of cargo recovery from the CFS provider by the designated ground carrier (LTL and TL.) This requires a good working relationship and communication between the CFS and trucker. NBW provides a flex appointment schedule allowing truckers a reasonable window to arrive for pick up assuring minimal loading time. It is the goal of NBW to provide prompt and courteous service to all ground carriers that are utilized for first and final mile delivery.